From 1 July 2017, the Queensland Government’s Back to Work South East Queensland program will provide support for employers who hire a long term unemployed or young unemployed jobseeker in the South-East Queensland region.
Employer Support ($15,000) and Youth Boost ($20,000) Payments will be available for employers in three parts, who hire an eligible jobseeker between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018.
All employers are eligible (except government entities) and as an employer you must have:
• A good workplace safety and industrial relations record and
• A genuine commitment to ongoing employment of the employee.
The job you are offering must be:
• Mainly located in South East Queensland (excluding regional Queensland) and
• Ongoing paid full-time (at least 35 hours per week) or
• Ongoing paid part-time (at least 20 hours per week) or
• A minimum of 8 hours per week for a person with a disability or
• A registered and eligible Queensland full-time or part-time apprenticeship1 (refer to link below for more information).
Who is an eligible employee for the Employer Support Payment?
• Must be a permanent resident of Australia and their principal place of residency is in Queensland and
• Was unemployed for at least 52 weeks directly prior to commencing employment with the eligible employer and
• Has not worked for the eligible employer in the 12 months directly prior to commencing employment with the eligible employer and
• Commenced employment with the eligible employer between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018 and
• At the time the initial payment application is made, has been in paid employment with the eligible employer for at least four weeks but not more than 12 weeks and
• Is not a full-time student and
• Must not have displaced any existing workers and
• If the employee has a disability, must be engaged in mainstream employment.
Who is an eligible employee for the Youth Boost Payment?
• Must meet all of the criteria for an Employer Support Payment except for the required period of unemployment (see below) and
• Was unemployed for at least four weeks directly prior to commencing employment with the eligible employer and
• Must be over the age of 15 years and below the age of 25 years on the date they commenced employment with the eligible employer (but can turn 25 during the period of their employment).
For more information on this great incentive, head to the Back to Work Program to find out how to apply and allow you to focus more on your business.