A lot of the time it feels like there are never enough hours in the day. Having some ideas on how to improve time management in your day is an important step to help you tackle your day effectively. The following tips could be helpful:
Set Goals and Prioritise
Each morning, set out a structured to do list for the day in matter of urgency to ensure that goals are met within set time frames.
Track your time
Take the time during one day to track how long it takes you to complete a task, this will help you to plan for other days and also help you to look at areas that you could improve time management.
If you have deadlines during the day or week ensure that you set reminders on your phone or in your email software to remind you shortly before the task is due
Always keep a notebook handy with you at all times to make notes or note ideas to ensure that items are not forgotten later
Build your team to be productive and efficient
Successful teams do not happen by accident they happen through working cooperatively, sharing a common goal as well as having access to the resources required to help them achieve them. Successful teams can be built through:
- Clarifying common goals and purposes
- Clarifying each person’s role in achieving goals
- Pay attention to conflicts when they arise and know how to resolve conflicts effectively
- Ensure team participation and interaction at meetings
- Appraise and reward your team as a whole and individually
- Communicate team successes