One of the biggest complaints we receive when business owners are looking to change their business is that they don’t have enough time. We need first to remember though that everyone has 24 hours or 1,440 minutes per day. The key is mastering time management and you must ensure that you value your time.
Once a business owner values their time they can then set tasks that are not negotiable each day, week or month.
Some of the key actions we do to manage time and our business has benefited from is as follows:
• Set daily priorities. To ensure you are committed to achieving these meet with your team every morning and advise what you are going to achieve that day and be accountable
• Often the game of telephone tag can take up a large portion of time during the day. To combat this have an administrator or assistant book times for you to return calls. This saves time and you and your client can both be prepared for the call.
• Review the tasks you complete each day to ascertain if there is something you could be training others to do or complete a procedure to cut down the time you need to complete the task
• When booking meetings ensure there is a clear agenda and that you are prepared for the meeting to ensure you achieve the most possible in the time allocated
• At the end of meetings ensure minutes are distributed including an action list so all attendees are clear as to what needs to be completed.
Management of time is essential if you wish to be successful in business. Effective management involves planning, delegation and eliminating bad time wasting practices.