Well, we’re now two months into the new financial year… How many of the goals that you set at the start of the financial year are you still on track to achieve?
Do you have a way to measure if you are achieving the goals?
The Key to achieving your goals is:
1. You need to be very clear on how you are measuring the goal
2. You need to stay accountable to achieving the goal.
I see many business owners that give up on their goals as it appears to be too large of mountain to climb. If this is you or if you are still optimistic but not 100% committed how about completing the following:
1. List down your targets/ goals (try to keep this at a maximum of 5)
2. Establish your action plan – How are you going to get there for each target?
3. For each action plan you need to the person to be held responsible.
To keep accountable it is then a necessity to hold regular meetings to ensure all tasks are being completed on time and with the desired outcome. If the outcome is not what you had hoped it is essential that you readjust your actions.
To be successful in business it is important that you:
1. Take action
2. Plan your actions, as we all get busy being busy
3. Measure the outcome of your actions
Lastly if something isn’t working, generally if you keep doing the same thing you will keep getting the same result.