We recently attended a presentation on the Sunshine Coast by Ronan Mahon and Brett Blasiar of LinkedIn Australia on ‘How to use LinkedIn for Business Growth’, below are some of the hot tips we took away:
- Think of yourself as a ‘Brand’ and create your profile based on who you want to find you and what image you want to portray to your connections.
- Have a catchy Headline on your profile to attract the attention of your desired audience.
- With an increase of users opting to view LinkedIn via mobile devices it is important to consider the timing of your ‘Updates’ with mobile users often more active early in the morning (travel to work via public transport), during lunch breaks or after work hours.
- Carefully assess your target market and develop your profile content to attract desired connections.
- Sharing content on LinkedIn is an effective way of gaining exposure amongst your wider network. A compelling title and call to action will help drive greater results.