A reminder to all Queensland employers that your Workcover Queensland Wages Declaration is due for lodgement on or before 31 August.
For those employers with an annual premium of $1,200 or more you are required to report your prior year’s actual wages and current year’s provisional wages to Workcover Queensland prior to the due date. You should receive the Wages Declaration in the mail, or you can go online to the Workcover Qld site to make the declaration.
Below is a refresher of what items are included in your Wages Declaration:
– All PAYG gross wages payments
– Superannuation payments
– Salary sacrifice payments
– Taxable value (pre-tax) of other Fringe Benefits
– Total of all Assessable Allowances
– Payments made to Directors / Trustees / Partners
– Total of Non-assessable allowances (only excluded if they represent reimbursement of a work related expense), including:
- Travelling allowance
- Meal allowance
- Entertainment allowance
- Tool allowance
– Lump sum payments paid on termination of an employee
The above list is not exhaustive and should be used a guide only. Further information can be found on the Workcover Queensland website, or contact us at MJJ Accountants and Business Advisors for assistance.