The ATO business portal has been around for years, but the ATO have been making some changes to make it more user friendly and increase its functionality. We all must remember that from the 30 June 2016, the ATO is expecting all BAS’s and correspondence to be done electronically through the business portal, so you should look at making the change now and registering for the business portal.
What can you access on the portal
- Lodge and activity statement.
- Update your details.
- View your accounts; see how much you have outstanding.
- Request a refund or transfer.
- Lodge a file electronically, arrange a debt payment plan.
Getting started on the Business Portal
- Obtain an AUSkey log in. By heading to the ABR website.
- You will need to have your ABN, Full name, date of birth and your personal tax file number.
- Once you have successfully received your AUSkey you can start to log into the business portal.
See the links below for shortcuts to the websites. Remember all these online platforms are here to make your life easier, not harder.
Register for AUSkey
Log onto the business portal