• Make sure you have the MyGov ID App downloaded on your smart phone. (See picture of what the app will look like)
• Upload either your driver’s licence, passport, Medicare card or birth certificate so that your identity strength is standard or higher.
• Enter these manually and not with the camera as sometimes the camera will cause it to be invalid
• Follow the link on the next dot point
• Press Apply Now
• Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Apply now with MyGov ID”
• It will take you to a screen with a 4-digit code, you will need to enter this code into the MyGov ID app on your smart phone so that they link your information together.
• Agree to the terms and conditions
• Select Next if your Name and DOB is correct
• Confirm it is your record by adding any of the following bits of information you choose. (I have been using Notice of Assessment and Bank Account Details when assisting clients)
• NOA will ask for Reference number and Date of Issue (top right-hand corner)
• Bank Account Details will be what is on your ATO Portal (BSB and Acc Number)
• Go through the next few steps and a number will come up on your screen which will be your Director ID Number.
• Save this as a PDF